Makes: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 10 Minutes min. | Cook Time: 10 Minutes min.
Ingredients: Pancake Mix:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for skillet
- 2 cups Pancake Mix (above)
- 2 large DOLE® Bananas, sliced
Directions: To make the pancake mix:
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to mix. Use within 2 months.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg whites, canola oil in a large bowl. Add the pancake mix and stir to combine (don't worry about getting all the lumps out).
- Brush a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet with canola oil and heat over medium-high heat. Check to see that the griddle is hot by placing a few drops of water onto the cooking surface. The griddle is ready if the water dances across the surface.
- Ladle batter onto griddle (about 1/3 cup batter per pancake). Gently flip when bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancakes. Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancake is set. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve topped with banana slices.