Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 20 min.
- 2 bunches baby red or gold beets (1-1/4 lb.)
- 1 medium fennel bulb (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) DOLE® Spring Mix or other DOLE salad variety
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallot vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place beets in medium roasting pan, add water to cover bottom of pan; cover with foil. Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender and can be pierced with a fork or knife.
- Cool slightly; remove skin from beets and cut into wedges.
- Trim off fennel leaves and stalk; cut into very thin slices.
- Combine salad, mandarin oranges, mint, beets and fennel in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle cheese over salad.