Makes: 6 | Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 20 min.
- 6 slices semolina, French or Italian bread, cut inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium DOLE® Onion, chopped
- 3 medium DOLE Carrots , peeled and sliced into ½ -inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups reduced-fat vegetable broth
- 1 pound DOLE Asparagus, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed Tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 bag (16 oz) DOLE Classic Cole slaw
- Preheat oven at 350° F
- Place bread slices on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove from oven and rub one side of each bread slice with one of the garlic cloves to coat. Set toasts aside.
- Mince remaining 2 garlic cloves. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat
- Add onion, carrots and minced garlic. Cook until onion is tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, asparagus, tomatoes, and cole slaw and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a slice of garlic toast in each of the six soup bowls and ladle 1 cup soup over each.