Makes: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 14 min. | Cook Time: 21 min.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato (8 oz.), peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4" cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Season chicken lightly with salt. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, and 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in bacon and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apples, garlic, thyme and cinnamon. Cook 3 minutes. Pour in 1/2 cup of the broth, bring to a boil, and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Season with the salt and black pepper as needed. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes.