Makes: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 5 Minutes min. | Cook Time: 10 Minutes min.
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (about 8oz. each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen, pitted DOLE® Cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and arrange in skillet. Cook for 5 minutes until lightly brown on one side.
- Turn the chicken and reduce heat to medium. Add the cherries, cinnamon and honey. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part measures 160°F. Transfer chicken to plate and continue cooking cherries until fruit is very soft and liquid coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Serve chicken with rice topped with cherry mixture.