Makes: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 teaspoon
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (about 8 ounces each)
- 8 ounces gemelli or penne pasta
- 1/2 pound DOLE® Broccoli Crowns, chopped into florets (about 3 cups)
- Toast walnuts and garlic in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to a food processor. Add the parsley, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. With the motor running add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Transfer mixture into serving bowl.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and arrange in skillet. Cook for 10-15 minutes turning once, until lightly brown on both sides. Chicken is cooked through and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part measures 160°F.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. In the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the broccoli. Drain and transfer pasta and broccoli to serving bowl. Toss to coat. Serve with chicken thighs.