Makes: 10 | Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups peeled, diced Potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth, boiling ("chicken" flavored, if available)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut in to 3-inch pieces2stalks celery, with tops chopped
- 1/3 cup mellow white miso,
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 medium, sweet onion, chopped (Vidalia, Maui, etc.),
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 12.3 ounces(1 package) lite silken tofu
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper,
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, Fresh tarragon for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 5 quart saucepan, warm oil and crushed pepper over medium high flame, 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, onion, shallots and celery and saute 3 minutes before adding the potatoes. Cook mixture 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the hot broth, asparagus and peas.Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low, simmering about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the soup in batches to the food processor and puree each batch.Return the pureed soup to the pot and continue to simmer. Place the tofu in the food processor; blend until smooth, add nutritional yeast and blend.
- Remove 2 cups of puree and add to the tofu mixture.Process with the tofu mixture and return to the pan, stirring to blend.In a small bowl, blend the miso with the wine and add to the soup along with the spices. Simmer soup 5 minutes, or until ready to serve. Do not boil.