Makes: 6 | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 4 small yellow onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cups sliced Broccoli florets
- 12 ounces (1 package) lite silken tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Barbara's mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons tamari lite
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Aminos
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (optional)
- Combine broth, onions, pepper and broccoli in a 6-quart saucepan.Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place tofu in food processor and blend.Add garlic, shallots, yeast and potato flakes, and process.
- With a slotted spoon, remove solids from broth and add to the tofu mixture.Process to blend.
- Spoon into the hot broth, stirring after each addition.
- *(Add 1 cup frozen corn, thawed) In a small bowl, blend cornstarch with cold water and add to the soup with tamari, aminos and chopped parsley.
- Simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.