Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled, deveined small shrimp
- 1 cup sliced fresh DOLE® Mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups torn fresh DOLE Spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (3 ounces)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook mushrooms, onion and garlic in margarine or butter until tender. Stir in flour, bay leaf, nutmeg and pepper. Add vegetable or chicken broth and evaporated skim milk all at once. Cook and stir until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and Gruyère cheese. Cook and stir until spinach wilts and cheese melts. Remove and discard bay leaf.