Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 small white Potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups packed (about 4 oz.) fresh baby Spinach leaves
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Plain nonfat yogurt, to garnish, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and 1 Tbs. water and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and stir 30 seconds. Add stock, potatoes and salt, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Cool slightly. Puree soup in blender until almost smooth; work in batches if necessary. Return soup to saucepan.
- Add milk and cook over medium-low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Garnish with swirl of yogurt, if desired, and serve.