Makes: 5 | Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch and salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, or until just opaque.
- Add the scallions, bell peppers, cilantro or parsley, garlic, and chile pepper and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add the lime juice, water, and peppercorns.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until the shrimp are opaque.