Makes: 4 to 6 | Prep Time: 45 min. | Cook Time: 45 min.
- 1 can (11 or 15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons salted cashews
- Fresh ground black pepper
- DRAIN mandarin oranges; reserve 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons juice.
- BOIL water in medium saucepan; stir in rice and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in reserved 1/4 cup juice, ginger, honey, 3 mandarin orange segments and dash ground pepper. Cover; continue heating until liquid is absorbed. Remove lid and saute on high 1 minute. Keep warm.
- ADD 1 tablespoon olive oil to small skillet. Heat to medium-high. Add tofu, 3 tablespoons juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Cover; let heat and steam for a few minutes. Continue to saute until tofu looks fluffy but not too browned.
- ADD cashews and continue to cook, until tofu is browned and fluffy, liquid is absorbed and cashews slightly browned. (Note: Make sure all liquid is absorbed.)
- SPOON tofu over rice and garnish with remaining mandarin oranges. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.