Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup DOLE Golden Raisins
- 1 cup hot tap water
- 6 DOLE medium Carrots (12 ounces), peeled and cut diagonally
- 1 teaspoon finely minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Combine the raisins and hot water in a medium bowl; let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the carrots, ginger, and lemon juice. Boil for 6 to 7 minutes, then drain the carrots and set them aside.
- Drain the raisins, reserving ¾ cup of the liquid and set them aside.
- Heat canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Mix the cornstarch into the reserved raisin water and add it to the oil and brown sugar mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute, until the mixture thickens.
- Add the raisins and carrots and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and salt. Serve immediately.