Makes: 16 | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold Pineapple
- 2 cups DOLE Red Onions, cubed
- 2 cups DOLE Yellow Onions, cubed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Twist crown from pineapple.
- Cut pineapple lengthwise in half (refrigerate half for a salad), then in quarters.
- Cut fruit from shell. Trim off core; dice fruit (2-1/2 cups).
- Cook onions in oil, in nonstick skillet, over medium high heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar and sugar; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat; add pineapple and seasonings. Mix well.
- Serve with grilled chicken, turkey or veggie burgers.