Makes: 12 | Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 cup puréed DOLE Carrots*
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins
Combine flours, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl. Add drained pineapple, puréed carrots, egg substitute, oil and raisins; stir until just blended. Spoon evenly into 12 muffin cups sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees, 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and/or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans onto wire rack to cool. *Puréed Carrots: Cook 2 cups (10 oz.) peeled, sliced DOLE Carrots in simmering water in medium saucepan 20 to 25 minutes OR until very tender; drain. Purée in covered food processor or blender to yield 1 cup.