Makes: 7 | Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 60 min.
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium beets, stems, tops and roots removed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- PREHEAT the oven to 400 degrees.
- DRIZZLE 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the beets in a 9-inch square baking pan and turn the beets to coat them in oil. Roast, uncovered, for about 1 hour, until tender when pricked with a fork. Remove the beets from the oven and cool slightly.
- PEEL the beats and cut them into quarters. In a serving bowl, combine the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, vinegar, dill, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Add the roasted beets, toss well, and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of The New American Plate Cookbook, from the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR).