Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp
- 12 cups Dole Baby Spinach leaves
- 3 blood oranges, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large DOLE Red Bell Peppers, seeded and julienned
- 8 thin slices of DOLE Red Onion
- 1 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- BOIL water in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- ADD the shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until they are pink and curled. Drain the shrimp. As soon as the shrimp are cool enough to handle, peel and devein them. Halve each shrimp lengthwise and set them aside.
- ARRANGE ¼ of the spinach as a bed on each of 4 plates. Arrange ¼ of the blood orange slices on each bed of spinach. Arrange ¼ of the bell peppers on top of each salad. Arrange ¼ of the shrimp over the peppers. Separate the onion into rings and arrange over the shrimp.
- WHISK together the blood orange juice, lime juice, turmeric and oregano in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon dressing over each salad.