Makes: 8 | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh DOLE Spinach leaves
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh DOLE Arugula, sorrel or watercress leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place almonds in a food processor or blender container. Cover and process or blend the almonds until finely chopped.
- Add the Spinach and Arugula, sorrel or watercress; cover. With the machine running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream, processing until the mixture is combined and slightly chunky.
- Add Parmesan or Romano cheese, orange peel, orange juice, ground red pepper and salt. Process or blend just until combined.
- To Store: Divide into 1/4-cup portions and place in airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Serve: Bring pesto to room temperature and spread on grilled salmon, grilled chicken or toasted bread. (Makes 3/4 cup)