Makes: 16 | Prep Time: 60 min. | Cook Time: 60 min.
- 1 cup DOLE® Cranberries
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Dates chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 can(8 oz) juice-packed DOLE Pineapple Tidbits
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon allspice
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly spray or oil a large (9x5x3 inches) loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together cranberries and juice concentrates.
- Cover and let stand for 45 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dates, pecans, pineapple tidbits, egg whites, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Stir in cranberry mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Pour flour mixture over fruit mixture and stir well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- Wrap cake in plastic and store in a cool place for several days before serving.