Makes: 8 | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 15 min.
- 16 ounces (2 packages) tempeh, cubed and steamed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers , chopped
- 6 portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 cans Mexican Stewed Tomatoes (14-1/2 oz each) , diced
- 2 cans (15 oz each) chile beans with chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Cube tempeh and steam over boiling water for 20 minutes.Set aside.
- In a 5-quart saucepan, heat olive oil and crushed pepper over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Crumble steamed tempeh into the pan and add the diced mushrooms.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add stewed tomatoes, chile beans, chile powder and Mexican oregano.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.