Makes: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces parsnip, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 8 ounces rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 8 ounces turnip, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1?2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces whole grain penne or fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto
- 1?2 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- PREHEAT the oven to 400°F.
- PLACE the parsnip, rutabaga, and turnip on a 15″ × 10″ baking sheet.
- DRIZZLE with the oil and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- TOSS well and distribute the pieces evenly over the pan.
- ROAST the vegetables for about 30 minutes, or until they’re tender and evenly browned, stirring or shaking them every 15 minutes. Taste them and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- PREPARE the pasta al dente according to the package directions, without adding fat or salt while the vegetables are roasting,.
- DRAIN the pasta and toss with the pesto. Add the bell pepper and roasted vegetables.
- DIVIDE between serving bowls and garnish with the cheese and parsley.
- SERVE hot or at room temperature.